RESISTANCE SPOT WELDING
How to perform spot welding to replace structural and non-structural body sections of a vehicle in accordance with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or approved agency procedures. It involves preparing for the task, selecting and using spot welding equipment, setting up the spot welder, operating the spot welder, selecting and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), inspecting and testing the quality of the weld, and completing workplace processes and documentation. This course includes two parts: training and certification.
What you'll learn
- Welding symbol introduction.
- Common Welding Codes and Standards.
- Welding Safety.
- Introduction To Resistance Spot Welding (RSW).
- Introduction Of The Machine.
- What Affects The Results Of Spot Weld?
- Squeeze Time.
- Welding Time.
- Cooling Time.
- Manual Mode, Standard Mode, Multi-Sheet Mode.
- Weldable Materials.
- Spot Welding Application.
- Steel Welding Criteria – Resistance Spot Welding (RSW)
- Inverter Technology.
- Resistance Spot Welding (RSW) Gun.
- Resistance Spot Welding (RSW) With Adhisive.
- Resiatnce Spot Welding (RSW) Without Adhisive.
- Peel Testing.
- Weld Pitch. Good VS Poor Welds.
- Evaluation And Certification.
Automotive Technology & Repair Academy